GET TRADE READY FOR THE
CIVIL CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
Have you recently been displaced from your employment, currently unemployed and looking for a new career or to re-enter the Civil Construction industry and don’t know where to start? Undertake the following training with Civil Contractors Federation
Queensland Limited’s registered training organisation Civil Train (RTO#5708) to get Trade Ready for the Civil Construction Industry now:
• Funded White Card training – CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
• Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidised training for RII20115 – Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure*
• Construction Skills Queensland Fully Funded – Trade Ready Program**
The full seven week program outline can be found here.
HOW WILL THE GET TRADE READY PROGRAM BE DELIVERED?
As part of the program participants will engage in a 4 week in class training program to gain the essential knowledge and skills to enter the civil construction industry, including life skills training to help with transition into industry. On successful completion of training they will receive formal qualifications and then move on to complete a 3-week work placement (120 hours unpaid work experience) with a civil construction employer.
WHAT IS THE TRADE READY PROGRAM?
The Trade Ready program provides additional skills and experiences to individuals who are new entrants to industry (displaced from their current employment or looking for a new career) or who have completed a Certificate I in Construction or Cert II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation Certificate to further build their job readiness and prepare them to transition into a career in building and construction. The program aims to:
• Further job readiness and work preparation,
• Provide green/life skills to participants,
• Access to valuable industry-led work experience, and
• Further develop participants skills through inclusion of selected construction short courses to improve employability.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND APPLYING FOR THE GET TRADE READY FOR THE CIVIL CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY PROGRAM
Initial eligibility for the program:
• Be aged 16 years or above, and no longer at school
• Permanently reside in Queensland
• Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant) or a New Zealand citizen
• Currently unemployed for less than 4 years
To check your final eligibility for this program, please contact our office on 1300 CCF QLD or visit https://civiltrainqld.com/trade-ready/ to complete the online application form and a Civil Train team member will be in
contact to discuss your eligibility for the program.
*Student co-contribution fess under the Queensland Government Certificate 3 Guarantee Program apply:
For eligible non-concessional participants
$9.00 for the full qualification or $1.00 per unit of competency
For eligible concessional participants
$4.50 for the full qualification or $0.50 per unit of competency
**Trade Ready Program is funded by Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ)
For more information on the Certificate 3 Guarantee, refer to the student fact sheet.