Funded training takes a number of different forms. This can be:
- Government funded through the QLD State Government User Choice program (traineeships)
- CSQ funding which is made available each year under a number of programs (qualifications and short courses)
- Fee for Service delivery which is fully funded by the participant (qualifications and short courses).
Construction Skills Queensland
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) has been helping the Queensland building and construction industry up-skill their work force for several years by making available funding for training and skills in specific areas. The funding is from the industry training levy.
Training providers make submission for training funds each year and contracts are awarded to successful providers. The areas of training funding are:
- Higher Skills (Certificate IV and Diploma level qualifications including project management)
- Gap Skill and Skills Assessment (Certificate III)
- Short Courses (plant assessments, traffic control, traffic management, first aid and a number of other areas).
Civil Train QLD currently holds two CSQ funding contracts. These included;
- Higher Level Skills – Civil
- Higher Level Skills – General
- Short Courses – Civil
- Short Courses – General
- Skills Assessment and Gap Training
The above links provide more information in regards to eligibility and funding available. Please contact our office on 1300 CCF QLD for more information.
User Choice is a national policy whereby State and Territory Governments fund RTOs to provide structured training to Australian Apprentices. These funds reduce the cost of the training that an Australian Apprentice or the employer will have to pay under an Australian Apprenticeship.
The amount of funding and training available under User Choice is determined by the QLD State Government and what their priority group areas are.
Under User Choice arrangements Australian Apprentices and their employers can select the private or public training provider of their choice.
Who can deliver User Choice training?
An RTO wishing to deliver User Choice training must be registered to deliver the qualification. Civil Train QLD has a number of different training packages on scope that are registered under User Choice.
Where can I find more information on User Choice?
For more information and advice on all aspects of training and Australian Apprenticeships, contact your local Apprenticeship Network provider or call the Australian Apprenticeships referral line on 13 38 73 or your local State or Territory Training Authority.