QUICK CUT SAW
This unit covers the cutting of concrete to initiate planned cracks in road pavement operations in the civil construction industry. It includes the conduct of planning and preparing, selecting and operating a concrete saw and cleaning up.
This course is available at the Queensland Civil Industry Training Center located at 11 Hi-Tech Court, Eight Mile Plains QLD 4113. It is delivered at our Townsville Center by arrangement with Civil Train. This course may be delivered o-site (prices may vary). Course times, dates and prices are subject to change at any time.
- English reading, writing and speaking skills
- OH&S requirements / Risk assessment
- Selection/use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- Identification of the main features cut-off machine i.e. throttle, stop switch, etc.
- Explain pre / post operation checks, recommended fuel mix
- Demonstrate correct starting procedures
- Demonstrate correct cutting wheel selection fitment / guard adjustment (blotter for abrasive wheels, correct and matched flanges)
- Identify unsafe operation conditions / kickbacks
- Demonstrate correct and safe operating procedures
- Concrete, pipe, steel
- Classroom participation
- Written and verbal assessment
- Practical assessment