FPICOT2239A – Trim and cut felled trees
(includes maintenance of chainsaws)
The Trim and Cut Felled Trees course covers how to trim and cut felled trees with a chainsaw. It is intended for use in situations where the production of timber is not the primary focus of the activity. The course also includes equipment maintenance. General workplace legislative and regulatory requirements also apply to this course.
This course involves trimming and cutting felled trees with a chainsaw in a variety of work settings including a forest, agriculture, domestic, local council and emergency services environment for the skills and knowledge required for competent workplace performance.
This course is available at the Queensland Civil Industry Training Center located at 11 Hi-Tech Court, Eight Mile Plains QLD 4113. It is delivered at our Townsville Center by arrangement with Civil Train. This course may be delivered on-site (prices may vary). Course times, dates and prices are subject to change at any time.
- English reading, writing and speaking skills
- OH&S requirements / Risk assessment
- Selection/use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- Identification of the main features chainsaw machine i.e. throttle, stop switch, etc.
- Explain pre / post operation checks, recommended fuel mix
- Demonstrate correct starting procedures
- Demonstrate correct chain fitting selection fitment
- Identify unsafe operation conditions / kickbacks
- Demonstrate correct and safe operating procedures
- Cutting timber under tension & compression
- Note: Can also include site specific activities like cutting poly pipe
- Classroom participation
- Theory and Practical assessment