- This course has passed.
RIIWHS204D – WORK SAFELY AT HEIGHTS
This unit covers working at heights in the resources and infrastructure industries. It includes identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task, accessing and installing equipment, performing work at heights and cleaning up the work area.
This course is available at the Queensland Civil Industry Training Center located at 11 Hi-Tech Court, Eight Mile Plains QLD 4113. It is delivered at our Townsville Center by arrangement with Civil Train. This course may be delivered on-site (prices may vary). Course times, dates and prices are subject to change at any time.
- English reading, writing and speaking skills
- Ability to work at heights
- Managing risks from falls
- Hazard identification
- Fall prevention devices
- Work positioning systems
- Fall arrest systems
- Ladders – mobile scaffold
- Australian standards and relevant legislation
- Roles and responsibilities of management and employees
- Risk assessments and hierarchy of hazard controls
- Worksite policy and procedures
- Safety and emergency procedures
- Classroom participation
- Written and verbal assessment
- Practical assessment