- This course has passed.
HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid including; HLTAID001 – Provide CPR
Provide First Aid gives you more hands-on time to practice and reinforce your first aid skills. Participants will also receive accreditation in: first aid response in an education and care setting; management of asthma; management of anaphylaxis; and automated external defibrillation.
The Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) component will give participants the skills to recognise and manage a casualty who is unconscious and is not breathing. This lifesaving training is critical for all your staff and can be a lifesaver on worksites and in office environments.
The CPR component will run for approximately 3 hours (first part of the training day) and will included both the theoretical information and practical skills required to assist someone in keeping person alive before an ambulance gets to the scene.
WALLET CARD – EXPIRY
- First Aid valid for 3 years
- CPR valid for 12 months
- English reading, writing and speaking skills
- Respond and assess emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automatic external defibrillator
- first aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- managing medical condition or emergencies such as anaphylaxis, asthma, snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- Debriefing and welfare
- Classroom participation
- Written and verbal assessment
- Practical demonstration